We are called and blessed by God’s grace, His Son, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit into fellowship through Word and Sacrament to worship, minister, evangelize and teach the world around us.
- This Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Church was organized in the laundry room of a railroad company in the fall of 1877. The first church services were held in the homes of it’s members, and in 1882, the first building was built at Union and Bancroft Avenue.
- In 1910 the congregation outgrew the small structure on South Union so it was decided to build on the corner of Washington and Mill. The church name was officially changed to Augustana Evangelical Lutheran Church on January 10, 1929.
- In the mid 50’s, plans began for a new church building, and in 1966 the first service in the new church took place at its present location on Douglas Avenue.
- February 1999 saw the completion of renovation at Augustana, adding ample space for offices, Sunday school rooms and fellowship.
- The Augustana Lutheran Church Foundation is a non-profit corporation formed in 1977 under the provisions of Chapter 317, Minnesota Statutes 1951. The objective of the foundation is to receive assets from donors and to use the proceeds for the purpose of promoting, assisting and furthering the objectives of the Augustana Lutheran Church of Fergus Falls, MN and the education of it’s parishioners that fall within the by-laws of the foundation.
- Augustana is a member of the Gustavus Adolphus College Association of Congregations, which directly involves congregations in the College’s life and governance.
- Augustana became an associate member of Pioneer Home in 1967 and a partner-member in 1990.
- Augustana became a corporate member of Luther Crest Bible Camp in 1992.
- Augustana is the sponsor of two Federal Housing and Urban Development housing projects in Fergus Falls.
- Augustana Apartments and Cardinal Homes became operational in 1972. Augustana Apartments consist of 42 units and is located at the site of the old Augustana Lutheran Church building at 308 South Mill Street. Cardinal Homes is located at 904-1110 Springen Avenue and consists of 61 apartments.